Garbage Management Plan
Good day, and welcome to Clarkes Court Boatyard and Marina!
Please CAREFULLY READ our Garbage Management Plan which is in keeping with the Owners Employment of Contractors and the Contractors Terms and Conditions..
Work must be done in a safe manner and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, to ensure the safety of property, personnel, and the general public.
The Owner of the vessel is responsible for any work done by CREW and HIRED CONTRACTORS and will ensure that the work site is kept clean and orderly throughout the duration of the project, especially on launch day.
- General compressible waste is to be deposited in the designated 55 Gallon drum bins. Please reach out to the Marina Office if you need a bin placed near your vessel.
- Sanding, grinding, welding etc must in no way adversely affect vessels or people next to or downwind of your vessel or project.
- Tarpaulins, vacuum systems or fully enclosed tenting or any other suitable enclosures are to be used to contain all dust and flying debris at all times.
- “Peeling”, heavy sanding of gelcoat or chemical stripping antifouling paint from hulls must be done on a tarpaulin or any other suitable ground cover, and promptly removed from the gravel or concrete under the vessel.
- Sawdust and antifouling residue is to be double bagged in heavy duty bags and placed only inside the large blue metal skips.
- Sand or aggregate blasting methods will not be allowed in the yard without prior written approval by the Yard Manager
- Mixing of paint, epoxy, polyester resin, etc must be done on a tarpaulin or any other suitable ground cover and not directly on the gravel or concrete under the vessel.
- Hazardous work that can adversely affect people or property must be approved in writing by The Yard Manager prior to starting work.
- Non-compliance and unsafe work may be immediately suspended at the sole discretion of Management.
GENERAL COMPRESSIBLE GARBAGE:
- Compressible items such as general waste and bagged garbage etc is to be placed in the designated 55 Gallon drum bins or in the large blue metal skip located on the roadway behind the restaurant.
- Cardboard boxes are cut open and folded flat before being placed in the large blue metal skip located on the roadway behind the restaurant.
LARGE NON-COMPRESSIBLE GARBAGE:
- Large wood, metal, fiberglass etc which is TOO BIG to fit in the 55-Gallon bins is to be placed NEXT TO the 55 Gallon Drum bins.
- For large projects please contact the Marina Office to book a skip to be placed near the project vessel.
WASTE OIL / DIESEL:
- NO oil, grease or any other hydrocarbons are to be dropped on the gravel or concrete under the vessel, always use a tarpaulin or any other suitable cover / container.
- Small quantities of waste oil may be disposed of via the Marina Office at a cost of $1 USD per US gallon provided the containers are clean on the outside and have sealed lids.
- Large quantities of waste oil are to be removed by an outside company at the customer’s expense. Please reach out to the Marina Office for contact information.
- ALL Spills must be reported to the yard office immediately and must be cleaned up using environmentally friendly cleaning agents.
WASTE OIL IS NOT TO BE PLACED IN ANY RUBBISH BIN OR GARBAGE TIP.
NO WASTE OIL MAY BE LEFT STANDING IN OPEN CONTAINERS AT ANY TIME.
- No waste shall be disposed of on any land or wetlands or waters, on, or adjoining the Yard’s property.
- All hazardous material spills must be reported to the yard office immediately and cleaned up using environmentally friendly cleaning agents.
- Full cost of cleanup, removal and /or environmental damage are the responsibility of the Vessel Owner AND the Contractor, who both hereby agree to a minimum penalty fee of US$60.00 per incident and who both hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Yard for the same.
Management reserves the right to update the Garbage Management policy from time to time. Please reach out to the Marina office regarding question about the disposal of any waste generated during your visit.
We appreciate your cooperation as we work towards a cleaner environment and the efficient operation of the yard as a whole. Thank you again for your support!
CLARKE’S COURT BOATYARD AND MARINA